Thursday, August 9, 2012

DIY Ombre Shorts + OOTD


Matters of the heart are always sunnier in the morning.

OOTD! Fun trivia: I made those high waisted jeans all by myself ohoho. Want to buy some for P350-450 only? Read on to find out how! :)

Anyways, I've been eyeing some ombre shorts online and I was planning to buy some. But upon looking at the prices, I almost cried. P900 for high waist ombre shorts? That's just too much. So guess where my thoughts lead me to? Doing one by myself!

It was easier than I thought. It took longer than what other people told me though. I forgot to take a picture during the bleaching process but I did remember to take before and after pictures!

Materials:
1. Shorts
2. Bleach
3. Bucket
4. Gloves
5. Water

Steps:
1. Fill in the bucket with about 3-4 cups of water. Add 2-3 cups of bleach. Always put less bleach than water!

2. Dip the tips of your shorts in the mixture. Remember to use gloves while you're at it!

3. Check on it every once in a while and move it around to get that dark blue to light gradient. The bleaching process will probably take about 45 minutes or so.

4. Take the shorts out, wash it under cold water and air dry it (Yay for saving electricity!)

5. VIOLA! There you have your Ombre High Waist Shorts!


What does it look like when worn? Tune in for my next OOTD!

Also, don't forget to check out my online shop, Girlsholic. We're selling nail stickers/nail foils/nail decals for only P50! We'll also start selling high waist shorts and ombre shorts for only P350-450! So like our page and shop shop shop!




11 comments:

  1. Such a lovely blog<3!Of course i'm following you!xoxo
    http://fashioncoloursmylife.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi babe thanks for stopping by on my blog, yeah i'd love to follow you blog hope follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you when you say it is sold for p900. hehe. I can relate with that feeling dear. Will definitely try your DIY tutorial.. Thanks!

    Let me know if you want to follow each other.

    http://iamjenalipio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes when you try it!
      I'd love to see results. xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely blog! u're really pretty and have so good hair!(:
    I'm following your blog and hope we'll stay connected! how do u think?(:
    Anna x
    http://mooreann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a bit unruly
      as it's due for treatment soon!
      And yes, we'll definitely stay
      conntected, I hope! :)

      Delete
  5. You did very good work.
    I am following. I hope you visit my blog and follow if you like.

    ReplyDelete