Sunday, August 26, 2012

Watsons Haul + Reviews


Instead of studying at home for my upcoming midterms, how did I spend my Sunday afternoon? Shopping of course! What better way to spend some time alone than this? I got all sorts of new stuff from Watsons. 



ELF's Clarifying Pressed Powder & Tinted Moisturizer SPF15 (Both for P130/$3.08) 

Beauty Buffet Masks (P39/$0.92 each). Will do a review of this after I try it out.

Watsons Stretch Mark Minimizer Body Butter (P149/$3.53). I won't be doing a review of this just yet ;)


Maybelline's Baby Lips Pink Glow (P99/$2.34)

Ready for reviews? Let's get started!




First is ELF's Tinted Moisturizer with SPF15. I've been getting sick of using BB Creams and I wanted to try something new. So when I stopped by ELF, I noticed this. I checked the price out and with it costing so less, I decided to check it out myself! The texture is thick enough for coverage but not too thick to make it look so heavy and cakey. It also has a matte finish which I really like. It has a mandarin/orange type of smell at first but since I like oranges, I didn't mind one bit. It fades off anyway once the product is on the face.

Here's a swatch of it on my hand.



Pros:
-Very moisturising indeed!
-SPF15
-Very good coverage. A bit comparable to BB Cream
-Budget friendly

Cons:
-Tube packaging can make it a bit messy and unhygienic
-The container is so little!

Will I buy this product again? Yes!

Here's the finished product. You may click on the picture for enlargement. 


The second item I got was ELF's clarifying pressed powder. I am always in a hunt for the perfect pressed powder and as much as I like Penshoppe's pressed powder, I need to try something else. I got this with the shade of Apricot Beige. One of the things I liked about this is that it had ingredients which will not cause break outs. 

Pros:
-Budget friendly
-Tiny, can fit into pockets
-Has a tad of glitter that makes your face glow

Cons:
-Packaging is a bit unhygienic
-No mirror
-Average coverage if used alone

Will I purchase this again? If I don't find any other ones, then most likely, yes. 

Here is the finished look!


Lastly, it's Maybelline's Baby Lips Pink Glow. Since I really liked the Baby Lips lip balms, I decided to try the glow line as well. It's a couple of pesos more expensive and it feels like you're wearing lip gloss but it still has a nice feel on the lips. 

Pros:
-Cute packaging, comes with different colors and scents/flavors
-Very moisturising
-Fulfils it's promise of pink glow on the lips

Cons:
-None

Will I purchase this again? Why not?


That's it for me tonight! Hope this was informative. Good night, everyone (or good morning, depending on where you live, lol) xx







35 comments:

  1. great haul! =) thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment! I would love it if we followed each other. I always follow back! let me know =)

    Melanee
    xo
    melaneeshale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following you now! Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
    2. thanks! and I'm following back =)

      Delete
  2. wow it looks like you had so much fun shopping hehe these look like good products! i honestly haven't heard of Elf until i visited your blog. thank you for posting this review! take care and hope your midterms was a breeze! <3 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of ELF since I was in middle school in the States but it was so hard to find alot of stores that had it. It wasnt til I went here for college that I completely discvered about their other projects. It's really wonderul, plus it's cheap! And thank you as well, hoping for pleasant results on them *crossed fingers*

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the comment dear! I'm following your blog, hope you follow back. Watson really draws me to buy stuff :D

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've followed back! And yes, my sentiments exactly! Everytime I pass by, I'm always tempted to go in. When I do shop there, always feel like my wallet was robbed. Lol. The dilemmas of being a girl!

      Delete
  4. I have that Maybelline balm and i love it!
    http://fashioncolorsmylife.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! It smells so wonderful and feels so good on the lips! xx

      Delete
  5. following you now!:)
    feel free to follow back if you aalready didn't!

    http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your new purchases!!! Now I gladly follow you via GFC and BLOGLOVIN! I'm on all these sites too!!! Follow me back if you like!!! We can follow each other!!! it would be a pleasure!!!
    TheSparklingCinnamon BLOGLOVIN
    THESPARKLINGCINNAMON <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello you've got a very cute blog
    :) thanks for droppin by mine, and yes I'd love to follow you.I'm following you now.Hope you follow mine as well, keep posting dear, I'll be updated.
    <3

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've followed you as well! Thanks! :) xx

      Delete
  8. OMG! I love your reviews, I learned a lot about those products :D

    If you don't mind, could you check out my blog and maybe we could follow each other? ^_^

    xoxo'

    www.dipikasyngai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great things! followed you in gfc, hope you can follow back! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it :)

    visit my blog? http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course!
    following you now :)

    http://littleblackcoconut.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! I followed you, do follow me back dear :D

    kisses*

    www.dipikasyngai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!
    After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot".
    "International Directory Blogspot" is made of thousend of blogs from 151 countries. If you join us and follow our blog, you will have many more visitors.
    It's very simple, you just have to follow our blog, enter your Country and your blog url in a comment, and you will be automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world and to share different passions, fashion, paintings, art works, photos, poems.
    So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    We ask you to follow the blog "Directory" because it will give you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Please follow our blog, it will be very appreciate.
    I wish you a great day, with the hope that you will follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    Regards
    Chris
    I follow your blog, I hope it will please you
    To find out more about us, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks so much for your comment on my blog! cant see you in my gfc followers though, can you make sure you followed? thanks :) http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey!! great post i love elf and baby lips so goood<3 Thanks for stopping by my blog i would love to follow each other!! just followed hope you follow back as well<3

    http://nattieness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post dear
    BTw I have something for you in my blog.It's here, hope you'll check it out
    http://mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-sunshine-award.html

    lovelots,
    Tin
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing blog!)) You have a new follower!))
    Hope you'll do the same!
    Thank you!))

    http://myfiercefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh amazing blog. Good job !

    -follow each ?

    http://nikonandfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. great review
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice products.^^
    Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello again, I have an award for you on my blog, pls check it out! (:

    ReplyDelete
  22. love this post and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. monclerダウンから引き続いた今大人気なダウンジャケットはここで格安販売しています!今年モダンでおしゃれなダウンが入荷しました!モンクレール メンズは元を上品なカジュアルに格上げでき、艶のある。素材とデザインのバランスがセンス良いです!今季のトレンドにもぴったり似合うんです!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The beauty masks are so cute! ^o^ How did those turn out? My sister loves those.

    ReplyDelete